Pick only two options and explain why.
Read and translate the idioms.
Answer the question.
1. What makes a good social life?
3. What are good books about social life?
4. Can being too good make life boring?
5. What makes a person good?
6. How often do you get out and meet new people?
7. What do you do if someone asks for help? How often do you help strangers?
8. Do you ring up your old friends and meet with them?
9. Do you ask your relatives about their health, mood etc.?
10. How often do you quarrel with people?
Look at picture A and answer the following questions.
What’s going to happen to them in the future? Why do you think so?
Look at picture B and check your guesses.
Answer the question.
• Do social networks and social networking make students more social?
• What social networking sites do you use?
• What are some good points about social networking?
• What are some bad points about social networking?
• Do you have a Facebook page?
• Do you use Twitter?
• What information do you have on your webpage?
• What kind of information are you comfortable releasing to the public?
• Do your parents use social networking sites?
• What type of information should you put on social networking sites?
• Do you think having a hobby is good for people’s social life? In what ways?
• Would you rather be successful in your social life or in your job?
The discussion on social networking.
(1) What springs to mind when you hear the term ‘social networking’?
(2) Hasn’t social networking been a part of human society for tens of thousands of years?
(3) Have you joined any social networking sites? Are they fun?
(4) Are social networking sites for people who aren’t good at meeting people face to face?
(5) What’s the best social networking site?
(6) Should companies ban their employees from using social networking sites at work?
(7) What new features would you like to see on social networking sites?
(8) Do you think social networking could really be called “social networking’?
(9) Have you ever tried to find friends on a social networking site?
(10) Do you think your country’s leader has a page on a social networking site? What do you think it might contain?
(1) What is social networking?
(2) What are the pros and cons of social networking?
(3) Are social networking sites dangerous?
(4) Are you good at networking face to face?
(5) Isn’t social networking just a fancy name for meeting people and keeping in touch?
(6) Should children be allowed to use social networking sites?
(7) Is it possible that social networking sites make people lonelier?
(8) Which sites of famous people would you like to join?
(9) Would you prefer to meet new people at a party or online?
(10) Are social networking sites changing our daily behaviour?