Show your student this table.
Now go over the idiom, 'Kick the Bucket' then went on to explain the connection to "bucket list". A bucket list is a list of things you wish to do before you die...and 'kick the bucket' means to die or you've died. "he's kick the bucket.
Before I kick the bucket, I want to ________________________.
Here are some ideas
● What are some places you would like to go (general travel destinations, tourist destinations)?
● What are some specific sites you would like to see (historic sites, family history related sites, hobby or pastime related destinations)?
● What animals would you like to see in the wild, and where?
● What are some specific (perhaps legendary) places you would like to eat, and what specific dishes would you like to eat there?
● What shows or performances would you like to see?
● What shows or performances would you like to give?
● What adventures would you like to experience?
● What thrills would you like to seek?
● What people you would like to meet (perhaps have lunch with)?
● What dreams would you like to see come true?
● What skills would you like to acquire or perfect (and why)?
● What hobbies would you like to pursue?
● What benevolent acts would you like to perform?
● What accomplishments would you like to achieve?
● What purchases would you like to make?
● What businesses would you like to own?
● What fantasies would you like to act out?
● What things have you seen other people do or accomplish and you thought, “Wow, that’s pretty cool! I’d love to do that!”?