Open the brackets.
1. I did not notice that my watch (to stop), and when I (to arrive) at the station, my train (to leave) and I (to have) to ask when the next train (to come). He (to wait) for fifteen minutes when at last he (to see) her at the end of the platform.
2. By the end of the year he (to read) about two hundred pages.
3. We were happy when the sun (to rise), for the night (to be) very cold.
4. Where you (to put) my dictionary? I cannot find it anywhere.
5. I (not yet to fall) asleep when the telephone (to ring).
6. What you (to do) from six till nine yesterday?
7. The chil¬dren (to play) here at eleven o'clock, but now they (to go) home.