Put the verb "to be" into the simple present or the simple past:
1. I (to be) an engineer.
2. Last year I (to be) a student in Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
3. I (to be) in love with a beautiful girl at that time. We (to be) friends
4. Now, I live in New York and I (to be) married to her.
Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple present or present progressive):
1. Look! Sara (to go) to the movies.
2. On her right hand, Sara (to carry) her handbag.
3. The handbag (to be) very beautiful.
4. Sara usually (to put) on black shoes but now she (to wear) white trainers.
5. And look, she (to take) an umbrella because it (to rain).
Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Past Progressive):
1. The receptionist (to welcome) the guests and (to ask) them to fill in the form.
2. The car (to break) down and we (to have) to walk home.
3. The boys (to swim) while the girls (to sunbath).
4. My father (to come) in, (to look) and (to tell) me to tidy up my room.
5. While one group (to prepare) dinner the others (to collect) wood for the campfire.
6. While the parents (to have) breakfast the children (to run) about.
7. Martha (to turn) off the light and (to go) to bed.
Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or present perfect):
1. I (just / to finish) my homework.
2. Mary (already / to write) five letters.
3. Tom (to move) to his home town in 1994.
4. My friend (to be) in Canada two years ago.
5. I (not /to be) to Canada so far.
6. But I (already /to travel) to London a couple of times.
7. Last week, Mary and Paul (to go) to the cinema.
8. I can't take any pictures because I (not / to buy) a new film yet.
9. (they / to spend) their holidays in Paris last summer?
10. (you / ever / to see) a whale?
Look at the pictures. Ask and answer a question using the words in the brackets. Pay attention to the grammar tenses:
|(He, 5 o’clock yesterday)|
|(children, right now)|
|(people, office, every day)|
|(George, in Rome, last month)|
|(Emily, in Paris, next summer)|
|(Mom, already, borsch). We can eat now.|
|(Vasia, a car, last month)|
|(Vadim, the whole day yesterday)|
|(Clava, to like). (She, to eat, every day).|
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из следующих времен:
Present Simple, Past Simple, Future Simple; Present Continuous, Past Continuous; Present Perfect.
1. Yesterday I (to put) five apples into the vase. Where they (to be) now? — I (to eat) them. You (to bring) some more tomorrow?
2. You ever (to be) to the Hermitage?
3. What Nick (to do) when you (to ring) him up yesterday? — He (to play) the pi¬ano.
4. Why she (to sleep) now? It (to be) too early. She never (to sleep) at this time.
5. You (to go) to the library tomorrow? — No, I already (to be) to the library this week. I (to be) there on Mon¬day. As a rule, I (to go) to the library every Wednesday.
6. Autumn (to come). It (to be) November now. It (to get) colder, the days (to get) shorter. It often (to rain). Soon it (to be) very cold.
7. We (to have) a good time last summer.
8. What you (to learn) for today? — I (to be) sorry, I (not to prepare) my lesson. I (to be) ill yesterday and (not to know) what to do. I (to prepare) my lesson tomorrow.
9. What you (to do) at five o'clock yesterday?
10. Mike always (to do) his homework in the evening, but today he (to begin) doing it as soon as he comes from school, because his father (to prom¬ise) to take him to the theatre.