Put the verbs into the correct form using Past Perfect Continuous.
1. We_____(sleep) for 12 hours when he woke us up.
2. They_____(wait) at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
3. We_____(look for) her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
4. I_____(not / walk) for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
5. How long_____(learn / she) English before she went to London?
6. Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he_____(sing) in the rain too long.
7. He_____(drive) for less than an hour when he ran out of petrol.
8. They were very tired in the evening because they_____(help) on the farm all day.
9. I_____(not / work) all day; so I wasn't tired and went to the disco at night.
10. They_____(cycle) all day so their legs were sore in the evening.
Look at the pictures and tell what the kids had been doing before their mothers got home.