Compare the pictures
1) What it might be like to live in homes like these? Which of these homes would you prefer to live in? Make a list of the 10 most important things you would look for when choosing a house to live in.
2) Compare the pictures. What do you prefer more, bathtub or shower?
3) Compare the pictures. What is your favorite place at home?
1 minute talk
• How well do you know the people who live next door to you?
• What kind of problem do people sometimes have with their neighbours?
• How do you think neighbours can help each other?
• What things in your home couldn't you live without?
• What makes 'a house' into 'a home'?
You have to talk about the topic for 1 or 2 minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say.
Talk about a house or an apartment you would like to live in
You should say:
• What it would look like
• How big it would be
• Where it would be located
And explain why you would like to live there
Agree or disagree
1. Working at home is better than working in an office
2. Living in a small apartment is more comfortable than in a big one
3. It’s better to rent a house than to buy it
4. Living in the centre of the city is better than living on the outskirts
5. It is a good idea to rent a house with one of your best friends
You are asked to act out a situation
Buying your first home
You have finally saved enough money to buy a flat but you have no time to search for one, so you go to a real estate agency. Tell the agent (the examiner) what is important to you about the flat regarding its
• arrangement of rooms
The agent starts the conversation.
• Do you like the place where you are living? Why or why not?
• Which room do you spend the least time in?
• Which room do you spend the most time in?
• If you could change anything about your present home, what would it be?
• What’s the first thing you do when you get home from a trip?
• Is there something you constantly lose at home?
• What do you think houses in the future will be like?
• Have you ever been homesick? Have you changed anything in your house recently? If so, what was that?
• How important is security? How do you make a house secure?