Discuss these questions in pairs:
• Is music important: to you, to society, to the world? Why (not)?
• How often do you listen to music?
• Do you play music while you study, or work? If so, how do you concentrate on the other things?
• Have you ever been to see your favourite musicians live? Were they as good as on the CD?
• What is your favourite music?
• Did you like it the first time you heard it?
• Is there any music you can’t stand? What is it, and why don’t you like it?
• Have your tastes in music changed a lot over the last five years? How?
• Do you think music can heal sick people?
• Do you think animals appreciate music? Why (not)?
• Do you like classical music? Why (not)?
• Can you sing? Do you want to demonstrate now?