Open the brackets using Participles.
1. (to write) in very bad handwriting, the letter was difficult to read.
2. (to write) his first book, he could not help worrying about the reaction of the critics.
3. (to spend) twenty years abroad, he was happy to be coming home.
4. (to be) so far away from home, he still felt himself part of the family.
5. She looked at the enormous bunch of roses with a happy smile, never (to give) such a wonderful present before.
6. (not to wish) to discuss that difficult and painful problem, he changed the subject.
7. (to translate) by a good specialist, the story preserved all the sparkling humor of the original.
8. (to approve) by the critics, the young author's story was accepted by a thick magazine.
9. (to wait) for some time in the hall, he was invited into the drawing room.
10. (to lie) down on the soft couch, the exhausted child fell asleep at once.