1. What genres of movies do you like?
2. What’s your favorite movie of all time? Why do you like it?
3. What’s the worst movie you have ever seen?
4. Is going to the movies too expensive? How much are you willing to pay to see a movie at the cinema? Will you pay more to see a film in 3D?
5. Who is the most beautiful actress in the world? Who is the most handsome actor in the world?
6. Talk about someone you think is a very talented actor or actress.
7. Do you like animated movies? Or are they just for kids?
8. Do you enjoy movies from your own country or other countries more? From which other countries?
9. Do you try to watch films that win awards? Are awards good indicators of film quality?
10. What do you like to eat or drink while watching a film?
11. How long should a movie be? How long is too long?
12. Are sequels ever as good as the original? Give examples of good sequels if you can.
13. How do you choose which movie to watch? By the genre? Director? Main star?
14. Does watching movies in English help you learn English? Would you recommend this method to language students?
15. Can we learn about a culture from the movies that culture produces? What have you learned from foreign films?
16. Do you mind reading subtitles when you watch a foreign language film, or would you prefer it is dubbed into your own language?
17. Does violence in films and on television inspire violence in real life?
18. Do you think age restrictions for films are effective?
19. Are you looking forward to any upcoming movies? What film do you want to watch these days?